Why I think change is good for you
Published 15th October 2009 - 48 comments - 3881 views -
Earth is at peril
According to a majority of scientists the earth is getting warmer
the main culprit in this warming is, according to them, humans burning of fossil fuels
Other scientist reading the statistics in another way
say that is due to the sun and that we might be going into a colder spell
Other skeptics on climate change use a more colorful vocabulary
and some have rather far flung theories on energy sources
Those who believe that climate change is a fact, sometimes have pretty unpractical solutions to the problems
But even if all the people who think that climate change is a fact and that the earth is in utter danger....
and all the skeptics who think that global warming is the greatest hoax in human history are right
wouldn't a shift to a more sustainable way of living, less stressful to the environment, be a good thing? What's there to loose in gearing the earth towards sustainable energy sources. Ponder if 1.3 billion Chinese would live the extravagant lifestyle of your average Californian...
they would need six more earths to sustain them and who wants to explain to them that they can't?
Read more at www.blogactionday.org and at climatechange.thinkaboutit.eu
and then wind down at listen to some really interesting lectures at the 21th century school
About the author
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom