Published 23rd September 2009 - 6 comments - 2465 views -
At the TH!NK2 launch event in Copenhagen, some of us TH!NK bloggers got together (at least, those of us that hadn't had too much organic wine) and had a quick chat about the TH!NK2 community podcast. It was decided that the easiest way to organise the podcast would be to set up a dedicated Google Group, so this is exactly what I have done.
A few of us have already recorded and published three pre-launch podcasts, and at Copenhagen we recorded a special episode. We now have a good idea about how the podcasts are hopefully going to work.
- Depending on demand, we plan to release an episode once a week
- Episodes will normally be recorded on Saturday and released on Monday.
- They will be hosted by a different moderator each week.
- There will be between three and four podcasters per episode.
- The podcasts will be recorded using Skype and free recording software (such as Call Graph).
- To improve sound quality, each podcaster will record their audio directly and then send it to an editor (either me or another volunteer) to be edited together.
- Podcasts will be 15-20 minutes long.
- The podcasts are open to anybody from the community that wants to take part (not just official TH!NK bloggers). If demand is very high, however, then we might have to give TH!NK bloggers priority as moderators.
It was decided that organising a podcast will work as follows: People will join the Google Group and propose podcast topics that they would like to host (i.e. moderate). Anybody interested in joining that episode can then volunteer to join. Episodes will be recorded in the order that teams are formed (i.e. if your team forms first, you can podcast first; if your team forms second, you podcast second, etc).
Do not worry if you know nothing about podcasting and are not very technical! We can help you out with any technical questions!
The podcast is supposed to be a fun, relaxed way for us to chat about the issues we're blogging about in a more direct way.
If you're interested in taking part in the podcast, please join the Google Group and propose a topic!
THE GOOGLE GROUP CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://groups.google.com/group/thinkcast
About the author
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom