The oceans sending an sos message
Published 12th December 2009 - 3 comments - 722 views -
According to a report by more than 100 scientists of Europe’s leading marine scientists that was presented in Copenhagen, the oceans are becoming acidic at a faster rate than any time in the last 55 million years. The report also mentions that ocean acidy has increased 30% since the industrial revolution and many of the effects are seem to be irreversible.
The increasing contamination of the ocean’s as it is expected is threatening marine life and particularly coral reefs and plankton that are providing shelter and food to the fish population. Another effect of this problem is that whales and dolphins are loosing the navigation abilities because the sounds that they use to communicate are travel faster in acid water and thus the sea gets noisier and more confusing.
While these evidence come to light people still believe that climate change is natural. However, natural causes cannot explain this rapid pollution of oceans.
About the author
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom