Smart Meters to fight climate change
Published 12th October 2009 - 2 comments - 1064 views -
Loads of initiatives are being taken by European Union member states to
fight climate change.
Personally, I strongly believe that Brussels should focus on energy
efficiency and alternative energies.
Following the 27 EU leaders endorsement to the European Commission's
proposed 20-20-20 energy and climate change targets in March 2007,
bureaucrats in Berlaymont Building worked on the so-called
''energy-efficient, low-carbon economy''.
This action plan included several technology related initiatives to
facilitate this transition in mentality, including Smart Meters.
It is believed that such application could reduce global CO2 emissions by
15% by 2020.
Malta is supporting the European Commission call to boost energy efficient
devices and introduce smart metering devices.
Malta's state-owned energy corporation, Enemalta earlier this year started
installing the first 5,000 smart meters and water probes as part of a
Smart meters will enable remote, real time and accurate meter reading,
removing the need for physical meter reading and billing based on consumption estimates.
About the author
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom