Phil Jones steps down. But where’s the money?
Published 02nd December 2009 - 4 comments - 908 views -
According to the Washington Post, Phil Jones, director of the University of East Anglia's Climate Research Unit is stepping down while the university investigates the "Climategate" incident. The hacked e-mail exchanges among several prominent American and British climate-change scientists appear to reveal efforts to keep the work of sceptical scientists out of major journals and the possible hoarding and manipulation of data to overstate the case for human-caused climate change.
According to one of the documents, Jones was also the recipient (or co-recipient) of some $19 million in research grants between 2000 and 2006. This amounted to a six-fold increase over what he'd been awarded in the 1990s.
Why this tsunami of money? Because the climate boys shouted "Wolf!" so often and so loudly. The louder the cries, the bigger the cheques. Simple, really.
About the author
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom