Our daily dose of despair
Published 28th September 2009 - 0 comments - 796 views -
Have you had a shot of eco-angst today? If not, and if you are feeling blue from not being depressed about Mother Earth, the Guardian has got "Copenhagen negotiating text: 200 pages to save the world?" Strong stuff, but just what the gloom junkie needs. Only slightly less miserable is the New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, who begins his Cassandras of Climate with " Every once in a while I feel despair over the fate of the planet."
It goes downhill from there and by the middle of the piece Krugman is saying that "In a rational world, then, the looming climate disaster would be our dominant political and policy concern. But it manifestly isn't. Why not?" Might it be that all this apocalypse is, like, overkill? All we need now is a documentary that tells people that they're stupid.
"They called it stormy Monday, but Tuesday's just as bad / Oh, Wednesday is worst and Thursday's oh so sad." B.B. King
About the author
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom