Oh, well. It’s not the end of the world, is it?
Published 15th November 2009 - 2 comments - 757 views -
The BBC is factual: Apec leaders drop climate target. Snippet: "World leaders meeting in Singapore have said it will not be possible to reach a climate change deal ahead of next month's UN conference in Denmark."
But Der Spiegel is dramatic: Asien-Gipfel torpediert Klimakonferenz in Kopenhagen. Snippet: "Bei der für Dezember geplanten Weltklimakonferenz in Kopenhagen wird wohl kein international bindendes Abkommen verabschiedet. Zum Abschluss des Apec-Treffens in Singapur erklärten 17 Staats- und Regierungschefs, ein Vertragschluss sei 'unrealistisch'."
While the New York Times adopts a sober tone: World Leaders Agree to Delay a Deal on Climate Change. Snippet: "SINGAPORE — President Obama and other world leaders have decided to put off the difficult task of reaching a climate change agreement at a global climate conference scheduled for next month, agreeing instead to make it the mission of the Copenhagen conference to reach a less specific 'politically binding' agreement that would punt the most difficult issues into the future."
But Copenhagen won't be a bust if Naomi Klein has her way. "The Seattle activists' coming of age in Copenhagen will be very disobedient" says the spoiled rich kid, who wants to throw a public tantrum in Denmark. Promises. Promises.
About the author
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom