Juice Box Houses
Published 23rd November 2010 - 2 comments - 887 views -
There is progress in all fields and construction is no exception. Builders try to reduce time of building and also reduce costs. Clients like it and they are also conscious about future costs of running houses so tendency is clear – to have environmental friendly houses with minimum future bills.
Latest trend in building materials is to recycle juice and milk boxes and transform them in prefabricated elements. The quality of this material is real music to ear:
Ø Eco material
Ø Firm, elastic
Ø Sound and heat insulation
Ø Does not change shape when in contact with water
Ø Easy to decorate
Boxes consist of paper, aluminium and polyethylene. So instead throwing them just into junk, boxes can be recycled and turned into elements for a new house. To build a normal size family bungalow you need approximately 16 000 boxes.
It takes about three months to build a house using this material from first dig to soil to welcome first guests, four weeks to build bases, then about two weeks for construction and another four weeks to finish the building. Elements work like lego cubes.
Juice box houses pay fifty percent less for energy compared to conventional homes.
There are about fifty houses in the Czech Republic built by this method. It would be probably science fiction only few years ago to come up with an idea to drink your orange juice and keep its box for your future house. Now it is reality that many want and like.
About the author
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom