It’s going to be grim in Greentopia
Published 11th December 2009 - 6 comments - 869 views -
According to The Scotsman newspaper, an Edinburgh scientist has come up with the best way for coffee lovers to help save the planet — drink the old-fashioned instant variety. Dr Dave Reay, a world-renowned expert on carbon emissions, has calculated that filter coffees pump 50 per cent more carbon into the atmosphere than cheaper instant coffees. And he says that switching from filter coffee could help reduce your carbon footprint by the same amount as a flight across Europe.
So that means no meat and awful coffee, then. What's next?
About the author
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom