Is global warming a myth?
Published 10th October 2009 - 10 comments - 3946 views -
There has been no increase in global temperatures in the past 11 years. What's more the warmest year recorded globally in the past decade was not in 2008 or 2007, but 1998. Am I quoting the usual denialists? Actually, no. It's the BBC that's now asking What happened to global warming?
Anyone reading the article is bound to conclude that there are some serious questions to be asked of those who have been whipping up the warming fever of late. And the piece is filled with juicy items that are sure to put the cat among the pigeons. For example: "To confuse the issue even further, last month Mojib Latif, a member of the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) says that we may indeed be in a period of cooling worldwide temperatures that could last another 10-20 years."
But this is the best bit: "Piers Corbyn from Weatheraction... claims that solar charged particles impact us far more than is currently accepted, so much so he says that they are almost entirely responsible for what happens to global temperatures. He is so excited by what he has discovered that he plans to tell the international scientific community at a conference in London at the end of the month. If proved correct, this could revolutionise the whole subject."
Wednesday, 28 October, Imperial College London. It's a date for the diary. We'll have to be there. The debate is getting hotter. And if the climate change models are wrong…
About the author
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom