Introducing the Global Warming Policy Foundation
Published 25th November 2009 - 3 comments - 2389 views -
As we've seen here over the past few weeks, the debate about climate change and global warming has become so polarized that the "experts" on both sides are now so opposed to the views of others that neither wants to listen to the other. This is why I welcome the intervention of Lord Lawson and his new, non-party think tank, the Global Warming Policy Foundation. The forum intends to re-energize the debate and cool the hysteria. Lord Lawson says he's open to the possibility of climate change, but sceptical about policies to counteract it that go unchallenged because of the stranglehold of the "consensus". This eminently sensible view is bound to be attractive to the millions of people who no longer know what to think about the issues.
As he wrote in the Times on Monday, "At the very least, open and reasoned debate on this issue cannot be anything but healthy. The absence of debate between political parties at the present time makes our contribution all the more necessary."
I have become a member of the Global Warming Policy Foundation and would encourage all open-minded Th!nkers to do likewise. After all, open and reasoned debate on these issues cannot be anything but healthy.
About the author
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom