CLIMATEGATE at UN: Maurice and his Dirty Dozen
Published 20th July 2010 - 3 comments - 3921 views -
After Climategate and Glaciergate the UN (Mr. Ban Ki-Moon) and IPCC (R.Pachauri) have selected, who should investigate them. I wonder who Al Capone would have appointed to investigate him, if he had the chance, and what the results would have been? Probably similar.
Ban and Rajendra chose the InterAcademy Council and the InterAcademy Council established a 12 member investigation panel. The investigating panel is an interesting bunch of fellas. We have already heard rumours about some of them. This is probably the first attempt to asseses them all.
The list looks like they all met at some stinking rich UN reception with plenty of caviar and expensive vintage wine. All of them are CEOs or top managers. The nobility. I did not know, that being an independent and unbiased investigator requires one to be a VIP top manager?
(Carbon market is a big business for rich VIPs. Who else would be better to investigate it than VIPs themselves? They know the ropes.)
So here they are. They are totally independent, unbiased and with no ties to environmentalism, UN, Pachauri or suchlike. Totally independent. See for yourself.
Harold T. SHAPIRO: Chairman of the investigation committee. By a coincidence he is in the board of the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, which happens to be one of the key sponsors of IAC (source). By another coincidence he is one of the top sponsors of Mr.Pachauri’s company TERI-NA (North America). For instance in 2001 Pachauri got some 45 000 USD from them for his TERI-NA (see here and here, page. 21). Pachauri is to be investigated by his own sponsor? Well, I guess one has to watch over his own investments, right?
2. Roseanne DIAB: She was in the International Ozone Commission (IOC), where – I guess –they would not let any climate skeptic. The World Wildlife Fund gave her a grant for the environmental education (read: brainwashing, source). Not only she is an environmentalist, she even poisons young minds with that green slime (source).
3. Carlos Henrique de BRITO CRUZ: Director of FAPESP, a governmental bureau, which finances research and technical development in Brazil. Is Brito one of the people, who decide, that alarmist research gets all the cash, while climate sceptical scientists get none? This is a problem, which for instance the hurricane expert William Gray complained about (see). You get no grants, you cannot produce a study, so they kick you out of the Uni. Publish or perish. Or is Brito the exception?
4. Maureen CROPPER: An economist from the World Bank (along with UN this is the institution, for which IAC is supposed to provide advisory services). What is she doing here? World Bank is giving advice to itself? Also, Maureen is on board of the eco-foundation Resources for the Future (see), where a climate skeptic certainly would not sit. RFF is a sponsor (yeah, another one) and a partner of Mr.Pachauri’s TERI-NA. What is worse, Maureen was a member of the advisory panel to EPA. The very EPA, which is now making a coup-d-etat to impose the carbon tax, bypassing the US Congress, see).
5. Jingyun FANG: Teaches at the department of environmentalism of the Beijing University. Hardly a place to look for an unbiased person or a skeptic.
6. Louise O. FRESCO: She is on board of Rabobank, which organises, among others, trade with carbon credits at the electronic stock-exchange CLIMEX. If she fails to “exonerate” IPCC, her colleagues will lose cash at the stock exchange (see).
7. Syukuro MANABE: A pioneer of computerised 3D models of climate. Worked with NOAA. I doubt he would like to make his friends at NOAA angry. He would not get invited to BBQ any more. BTW, he is nicknamed a “godfather of greenhouse gases”, due to his climate models. And now they want him to be unbiased when assessing his own models, his life work? (source). Something like: “My bleeming models overestimated CO2 forcing, my work is crap, let me get some rope and hang myself.”
8. Goverdhan MEHTA: A former director of the "Indian Institute of Science" in Bangalore. This institute has many ties to Pachauri’s TERI. It was established as a foundation of the Tata company. Tata was started a century ago by an Indian industrialist (an Indian Ford). Pachauri is now the boss at Tata. (see).
9. Mario MOLINA: One of the leading authors of the Fourth Assessment Report of IPCC. So now he is invited to assess his own work? How is he supposed to question himself? He is a director from the freaked Union of Concerned Scientists. He signed a letter to the US Congress, urging them to forget Climategate, which is just a storm in a teapot. A solid unbiased guy.
10. Sir Peter WILLIAMS: A vice president of the British Royal Society. We know the management of RS are renowned alarmists. Lord Rees, President of the Royal Society, is an apocalyptic visionary (in an interview he said: “The chances, that mankind survives the next century, is 50:50”). Rees is up to his neck stuck in the fraudulent whitewash investigation of UEA. His predecessor Lord may called sceptics “crackpots”. And guess what. This green extremist lord May was a member of IAC in years 2005-2009! I have no reason to believe Williams is any different.
11. Ernst-Ludwig WINNACKER: The first director of the European Research Council. I doubt the maoist Barosso would entrust this job to someone, who is not a believer in the green religion. After all the ERC was founded to strengthen the iron grip of politicians over the helpless scientists. To make them write what the politicians want.
12. Abdul Hamid ZAKRI: The director of the "Institute of Advanced Studies" (A UN university) (see). Also he is a director of "Centre for Global Sustainability Studies" in Malaysia, where alarmist faith is a must. Also an advisor to the PM of Malaysia.
And the IAC director? Robbert Dijkgraaf is nuts. In an interview he said, that they would not investigate the Climategate e-mails, because, they are not “directly related” to the work of IPCC. Amazing. And I thought, that they are e-mails of the leading authors of IPCC describing the background, how the IPCC procedures work.
I guess they selected the members by randomly tearing a page out of the “Who is Who in Alarmism” encyclopaedia. It seems like choosing NSDAP officials to investigate Herman Göring at the Nuremberg Tribunal.
All these people have built their careers on the IPCC alarmism. It is their faith. It is unlikely any of them would be willing to undermine their own careers by biting the hand that feeds them.
Is it really such a problem in a planet with 7 billion people to find 12 unbiased people without ties to Pachauri and his Blues Boys? And why is there no climate skeptic there? What sort of court is that without any prosecutor being invited?
Inter Academy Council: The Origin
Recently I discovered an eye opener. An article "The InterAcademy Council: Inventing a New Global Organization." Written by the first IAC leader.
It reads, that the InterAcademy Council was actually founded by the UN. So let me put this straight. I establish something and this something then investigates me? How independent can that be?
According to Alberts it was an idea of Koffi Anan (the UN chief), to establish IAC back then. However, anyone who has heard about the "oil-for-food" scandal, knows, who was Mr. Anan's advisor and right hand back then. Maurice Strong!
By a sheer coincidence... Strong is the founder of UNEP (UN environmental programme). And UNEP in turn is the founder of IPCC. It's a small world.
It was before Strong vanished to China to flee from police (the aforesaid “oil-for-food” UN scandal). Maurice Strong was really a smart guy. A puppeteer, who spent his lifetime pulling the strings at UN without ever being elected by any citizens. No wonder he was investigated by the Foundation for Defence of Democracies (FDD) as a security threat. Strong maybe even does not know, what democracy is.
Maurice's refreshing and original attitude to democratic mechanisms is clearly visible in IAC. The IAC mechanisms are as transparent as a two feet thick panel of lead. In each “new” IAC, 10 out of 15 must be the people from the previous team. And the new five guys are selected… by the outgoing fifteen people. Got it? Full control over the ideological orientation of the successors.
IAC consists of 15 people who are vacuumed out of the InterAcademy Panel (IAP). IAP is a respected association of all world academies. So UN cherrypicks the greatest warmists out of IAP and these guys now selected the investigators of UN. Thus UN has full control over IAC and its texts and yet it can pretend "we just do what the world academies tell us". IAC mission is to provide scientific advisory services to UN. By a coincidence each recommendation ends like "and hence we conclude, that UN needs to have more powers".
One of the dirtiest marketing tricks I have ever heard of. Sorry, not tricks, I mean "a clever and legitimate way how to do something". The Dirty Dozen are now out there, ready to do the job they have been hired for. They are desperate. If they fail, Maurice Strong might lose a lot of cash. He is on board of the Chicago Climate Exchange, doing business on the carbon market.
It's a load of money. According to the CCX director Sandor it has a potential of some 10 trillion USD per annum.
Bruce Alberts. The InterAcademy Council: Inventing a New Global Organization. The Scientist 2004, 18(4):8
Claudia Rosett. The UN's Man of Mystery. Wall Street Journal. October 11, 2008.
Election mechanisms of IAP (Rules of Procedure, see article 21).
Election mechanisms of IAC (Rules of Procedure)
A sample IAC study from 2007: Lighting the Way: Toward a Sustainable Energy Future
Official bios of the Wild Bunch: IAC Review of IPCC: Biographies of the Review Committee
China, Greenpeace Challenge Kyoto Carbon Trading. 19.června 2009.
About the author
- The Tragedy of Climategate
- News: Australia quits cap-n-trade due to Climategate
- Open challenge to all climate sceptics: bring it on!
- News: Climategate controversy reaches NASA data
- Did you know? Hockeystick was never peer-reviewed!
- Climategate 451°F: What else has been falsified? We need a ClimateAudit!
- When science calls: Climategate, a lesson to learn
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom