Getting Green Going- Part 2 of the 2009 Green Festival series
Published 14th October 2009 - 1 comments - 987 views -
The Green Festival has a delicate balance to maintain while trying to present America with the green side of itself.
On one hand, it must be fun, fashionable and inclusive in order to introduce and entice those unfamiliar with sustainable living and alternative energy choices. It also needs to find ways to introduce America’s sustainablity heroes to the unaware and skeptical.
On the other hand, it needs to provide the green leaders and enthusiasts with enough green stuff that is cutting-edge and authentic to keep them engaged, perpetuate their momentum and stay off the high horse of ‘more-eco-then-thou.'
Below is another part of my interview with Alisa Gravitz of Green America on how the Green Festival strives to strike that balance:
About the author
- A retour Amsterdam-India, why not… by train?
- Sustainability Neverland or Dyssekilde x Sao Paulo
- Food and climate change - save or doom the world while eating
- Climate Change, Energy and Environment in the Lisbon Treaty
- A stitch in time, saves nine
- Copenhagen Climate Change Summit and sustainable living
- Discussing CO2 emissions and (re)thinking transportation
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom