Denmark’s got a nice little quota racket going
Published 03rd December 2009 - 4 comments - 904 views -
Oh, dear. When it rains, it pours. First, many of the scientists involved in global warming research are suspected of unethical and, possibly, fraudulent activity, and now Denmark, which will host next week's climate change conference, has been exposed as the home of a huge CO2 quota racket. "Police and authorities in several European countries are investigating scams worth billions of kroner, which all originate in the Danish quota register." So reports the Copenhagen Post, following up on a report by the Ekstra Bladet newspaper.
Opportunity isn't always obvious to those of us on the periphery of the climate change industry, but it does seem that it is a rather lucrative business for many, and an incredible source of corruption for an army of scammers and fraudsters.
Carbon trading has been described as "the Emperor's New Clothes" of international finance. It was invented by Kenneth Lay, whose Enron would currently be one of the main beneficiaries in the global alternative energy market. It is a licence to scam and steal. Rather embarrassing for the Danes to get caught red handed, then, on the eve of hosting a conference in which world leaders will try, straight-faced, to persuade us that carbon emissions trading is the only viable way of defeating global warming. This is a mad world.
About the author
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom