College of Higher Education Gets a Climate Research Centre
Published 09th November 2010 - 0 comments - 634 views -
Maldives College of Higher Education (MCHE) is to establish a climate research centre with assistance from South Asia Foundation.
At a ceremony held at Dharubaaruge Sunday morning, the foundation’s Maldivian wing chairperson Ibrahim Hussein Zaki and Maldives Environment Minister Mohamed Aslam signed the agreement to establish the centre at Henveiru Soasange.
The South Asia Foundation will invest over Rf32 million for the Madanjeet Singh Climate Research Centre and will provide resources and technical assistance for an additional five years.
Speaking at the ceremony, Minister Aslam highlighted the importance of local researches to provide fact based data to climate skeptics. He stressed that studies on the impacts of climate change to the Maldives will be conducted at the centre.
Zaki said the centre is to be established with assistance from the foundation’s ambassador, Madanjeet Singh. The foundation built 12 such centres across South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) countries, he added.
About the author
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2