All back to childhood
Published 19th October 2009 - 1 comments - 1222 views -
October 18th 2009, and not 23 (as I say in the video but now it is toooo late to change), the “Doors Open Day” of this year in the old city centre of Nuremberg had as main topic the climate change. The day was freezing and the atmosphere relaxed.
There was everything. To eat, to drink and even to dance, for the most active ones
Of course during the day I saw people just passing by and asking themselves what were they doing there, of course a lot of them didn’t know that such a day was organised in their city. I found anyway nice that the city is pushing on the citizen. They have to get to us (us as citizen - they as the public officials).
And I am beginning to believe that repetition is the solution.
Everyday should we be bombarded with catastrophic news and everyday we should face the fact that our life are in danger. Are we stupid? A bit I think. Are we without hope? I think if I give up now there is no sense of going on at all... Life, children, work, house, friends, nothing have sense anymore from the moment in which we stop to believe.
And I am afraid that after all these bombarding articles (that I read probably to get involved and find argument for my blog) something has changed.
So, 10 points to the city that still believe that even the most sceptics can be brainwashed in a good sense and can be made useful for the society.
It is like one of those old children stories, that one that we share all over the world with the same content but with different protagonist... I have the plot in my mind: once upon a time there was a king. The king was not happy with his life or probably wanted just to be more happy, so he decided he wanted more and more and more and more. Till one day he found himself poor and alone.
Something true is always behind it...
About the author
- Possibility of climate change by pre-modern farmers?
- I’m Sorry. We Could Have Stopped Catastrophic Climate Change. We Didn’t
- Monster trucks to the rescue
- India changes stance to push for a global deal at Copenhagen
- My Conceptual Framework on Climate Change
- Black Point of the Danube Basin
- Climate Change, Energy and Environment in the Lisbon Treaty
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2