You are not done yet - and neither are we!
Published 25th December 2009 - 4 comments - 1765 views -
The COP15 is over. We all had our fun. The deal is considered an epic failure. All the powerful actions in and outside the Bella Centre didn't seem to bring the effect we were hoping for. So what now?
There are two options. We can either bury our heads and loose hope or we continue the fight that has started in Copenhagen - a huge movement by civil society. An, looking at my email inbox it seems like the youth activists of the world have chosen the latter option. A mail by the YOUNGO informed me about a recent video, made by the Australian Youth Climate Coalition (AYCC). Have a look:
Seeing things like that gives me a feeling of hope. Yes - Copenhagen was a failure. Yes - Chances are bad at this point of time. But I think, if now we don't stop fighting, if pressure is kept alive until the COP16 and further, we will, in the end, get our fair, the fair, ambitious and binding treaty we need. Considering petitions like this one, with over 14.000.000(!) signatures, our leaders can't ignore the need for a deal much longer. Let's just keep up the good spirit!
About the author
- I’m Sorry. We Could Have Stopped Catastrophic Climate Change. We Didn’t
- Monster trucks to the rescue
- My Conceptual Framework on Climate Change
- Adopt the Climate Flag!
- Angry Mermaid Award Seeks to Expose Greenwash
- Copenhagen Climate Change Summit and sustainable living
- The Alphabet of Climate Change
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2