56 reasons to be grateful for blogs
Published 07th December 2009 - 1 comments - 836 views -
Hemant has already pointed out that 56 newspapers are running a common front-page editorial today saying we have "Fourteen days to seal history's judgment on this generation". Whatever that means. This is more proof, as if more were needed, of why the term "mass media" is both accurate and Orwellian.
But, at least, we do have the comfort of blogs where the herd mentality is unknown and independent thinking blooms.
"If large numbers of people believe in freedom of speech, there will be freedom of speech even if the law forbids it. But if public opinion is sluggish, inconvenient minorities will be persecuted, even if laws exist to protect them." George Orwell
About the author
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom