$100bn of what?
Published 17th December 2009 - 4 comments - 777 views -
At Copenhagen, the US, Ethiopia and European Union, including France, Germany and the UK, coalesce around a climate finance package of $100bn.
Think it’s definitely good news that discussions on climate cash have finally got moving after two long years of delay but this needs to be the start of the conversation – not the end. Is $100bn enough? A very important issue is that the money must come from public sources - not be subject to the whims of the markets - and it must not be diverted from existing aid promises. Poor countries will still need to build schools and hospitals – as well as flood defences.
About the author
- TCKTCK: Got only 10 years to save ourselves!
- Denmark cries in Sea of Blood, 950 Whales and Dolphins KILLED…
- Micro pigs - the ultimate sweetheart energy saver
- If you want to see nude people click here
- Do we really care about our planet? Think twice before answering.
- Evolutions in the history of Environment Part 2
- Bunnies for fuels: not a good story to share in a grade school classroom