Cancun Trip Winners Announced
Published 16th November 2010 - 23 comments - 3731 views -
Today we are announcing the winners of the field-reporting trips to Cancun.
It is the first time that a TH!NK competition is an open competition. This has resulted in 173 participants and many stories from all corners of the planet.
And the competition is not closed yet as the second round of the MacBook and HD Flip camera winners will be announced just before Christmas. So keep up the great posting.
What the winners will be doing:
With financial support of the European Commission, the reporting trip will take place on 5-10 December in Cancun, Mexico. In cooperation with UNFCCC, the EU delegation in Mexico and TckTckTck, the winners will cover COP16 meetings, both from the official conference site and the digital media lounge and they will visit EU-related events and activities.
For those who want to follow up on the COP16 meeting, the TH!NK platform is collaborating with TckTckTck to feature daily updates throughout the reporting trip. So stay tuned.
Editor in Chief
From the jury:
Greetings from the Jury. After long and difficult discussions, we are finally ready to announce the winners of the Ticket to Cancun-awards.
Fifteen participants are being sponsored by the European Commission. Furthermore, the EJC decided to sponsor one additional award, due to the high quality of the competition.
The Jury consisted of EJC's Deputy Director Anne Autio, Eric Karstens, senior journalist and former Programming Executive for the RTL Group and Johan Knols, the Editor-in-Chief of TH!NK4 whose responsibility it was to keep systematic assessment of the entries.
The sponsor, the European Commission, also actively participated in the selection process.
The Selection criteria can be found here:
The following TH!NKers will travel to Cancun in December to cover the COP16 negotiations:
Lara Smallman, Great Britain
Laszlo Keki, Hungary
Line Leonhard, Denmark
Samuel Lee-Gammage, Great Britain
Giedre Steikunaite, Lithuania
Lubomir Mitev, Bulgaria
Maria E.R. Mannucci, Italy
Liam Moriarty, USA/Ireland
Daea Marius, Romania
Borut Tavcar, Slovenia
Raul Cazan, Romania
Erik Struyf, Peru
Dalia Lenkauskaite, Lithuania
Bartolomeo Buscema, Italy
Fotios Kafarakis, Greece
Roman Stanek, Czech Republic
The Jury would like to remind all participants that the main award of the competition as well as the two runners' up are yet to be decided. An explanation of the above choices will follow soon.
CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE WINNERS!
EJC’s Deputy Director
- Introducing the New Reporters of the TH!NK Revamped Project!
- RIO+20 must build a new economic order
- New TH!NK Project Seeks Multimedia Reporters
- The Winners of the CL!CK ABOUT IT Worldwide Photography Competition Have Been Chosen!
- The Winner of the Drawing for the TH!NK ABOUT IT Survey is Announced…and More!
- CL!CK3 Worldwide Photography Competition Launches!
- Welcome to the Evolution of TH!NK ABOUT IT!
- Bem-vindo a Portugal! A Sneak Peak into the Recent TH!NK5:Water Reporting Trip to Portugal
- TH!NK4 Winners Announced - and Other Exciting TH!NK News!
- It Has Finally Started: COP16 in Cancun
- A Message from TH!NK Jury
- The Double H2O Face of Climate Change
- Cancun Trip Winners Announced
- TH!NK4 Competition NEWS!
- Covering Climate Change from a Local Perspective
- TH!NK4: Climate Change