Bem-vindo a Portugal! A Sneak Peak into the Recent TH!NK5:Water Reporting Trip to Portugal
Published 16th May 2011 - 0 comments - 5834 views -
After an exciting and inspiring competition, which focused on water related issues, the winners of the TH!NK5:Water round packed their bags and jetted off to Portugal for a four day reporting trip that was put on by the European Journalism Centre and sponsored by the European Union. The TH!NKers finally got the chance to meet each other face to face and exchange thoughts and ideas with one another in the beautiful city of Lisbon. While there, the group was given the opportunity to take three educational trips throughout Portugal where they got to learn about, hands on, the importance of water. The trip sparked the TH!NKers’ interests and inspired them to continue writing even after the trip was over. Here are some of the blogs that were posted following the reporting trip:
In a country like Philippines… by Iris C. Gonzales
Lisbon: Our Dream Adventure! by Andrea Arzaba
Th!nk About It: Some Issues (from the trip to Portugal) by Ronny Patz
The European Maritime Safety Agency: An EU communications perspective by Ronny Patz
500 New Cases of Sea Pollution Per Year - EMSA by Sarah Fenwick
How Can We Save Our Forests? The Portuguese Experience by Sarah Fenwick
Portuguese Economists Legal Action vs Ratings Agencies by Sarah Fenwick
Special Report: Water Parallels Portugal-Cyprus by Sarah Fenwick
Special Report on Water Conservation in Portugal by Sarah Fenwick
We All Loved Lisbon by Diêgo Lôbo Goiabeira
It Matters by Elena Nikolovska
I am in Love With Lisbon: Refelections from the Reporting Trip by Anna Zemblicka
Global Blogging Competition on Water Issues by Andrea Arzaba
Putujući... by Larisa Rankovic
TH!NK Reporting Trip, Lisbon by Larisa Rankovic
Los ganadores del concurso "Think about it" viajan a Lisboa by Mamen Salas Burguete
Cinnamon sticks, white seagulls and wastewater by Iris Cecilia Gonzales
Phl urged to consider use of renewable energy by Iris Cecilia Gonzales
Water and Portugal: the Effects of Climate Change by Jason Grant
Along with these intriguing articles, video footage and photos were taken of the trip as well. Please find the video and photos below.
Once again, the TH!NK team wishes to congratulate all the winners on an outstanding job well done! Thank you for all your efforts in making the TH!NK ABOUT IT series such a great success. Be sure to keep your eyes and ears open for upcoming developments with regards to the next level of TH!NK ABOUT IT.
*Teaser Image Copyright of fnkftw.
- Introducing the New Reporters of the TH!NK Revamped Project!
- RIO+20 must build a new economic order
- New TH!NK Project Seeks Multimedia Reporters
- The Winners of the CL!CK ABOUT IT Worldwide Photography Competition Have Been Chosen!
- The Winner of the Drawing for the TH!NK ABOUT IT Survey is Announced…and More!
- CL!CK3 Worldwide Photography Competition Launches!
- Welcome to the Evolution of TH!NK ABOUT IT!
- Bem-vindo a Portugal! A Sneak Peak into the Recent TH!NK5:Water Reporting Trip to Portugal
- TH!NK4 Winners Announced - and Other Exciting TH!NK News!
- It Has Finally Started: COP16 in Cancun
- A Message from TH!NK Jury
- The Double H2O Face of Climate Change
- Cancun Trip Winners Announced
- TH!NK4 Competition NEWS!
- Covering Climate Change from a Local Perspective
- TH!NK4: Climate Change